Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Boat

The reason for this blog is not so much to express myself as to create a spot where information about my new (to me) boat can be presented. The Legacy 32 is a little known boat manufactured at a small boatyard in Clearwater Florida. If any production boat has a smaller internet foot print, I don't know it. There are at least two other boat companies with the Legacy brand name and you find them on the internet. But seldom my boat or her sisters. So this blog is to change that, in a small way.

The Legacy 32s have been made at least since 1990. Mine was started then and launched in March of 1991. The hull is 32 feet overall length, 10 foot beam, about 3.5 feet of draft and 26 feet at the waterline. The displacement is rated at 14,000 pounds. She carries 110 gallons of diesel in two tanks and the same amount of water. The engines have varied from the low 30 horsepower to half again that. My boat is repowered with a 28 horsepower Beta (Kubota) engine, perhaps a bit small for the hull. I have not had the opportunity to find out yet.

There are at least three models, although I have only found the layout for two. Mine is a Mark III, which has the pilot house located aft. Within the Mark III model, I have seen drawings for an aft stateroom model (mine) and an aft cockpit model. The Mark I drawings I have show a forward pilot house and a raised salon aft, very much like many traditional trawlers. I have not seen information on a Mark II. As soon as I learn how to post pictures, I will -- well, post pictures.

2 comments:

lupeleon said...

Ilove it!!
Congratulations for having it back. Hope to be in one day.

Lupe

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,

we just saw your boat. Bane is very much jelous. We are happy for you.

love........Mirjana&Bane